Travelling can take a toll on your mind and body. The long hours of journey coupled with unhealthy eating practice on the road can be hard on the immune system and mentally taxing. Taking time out to practice yoga can help relax muscles and help you feel refreshed during any leg of your journey. So, the next time you decide to travel, ensure that you take a travel yoga mat along with you. Travel yoga mats are usually lightweight and thinner than a regular yoga mat, but at the same time provide sufficient elasticity to protect your knees, elbows and other body parts during the practice. Invest in the best yoga mat – Jade Travel yoga mat and make your travels more exciting and memorable.
Jade Travel Yoga Mat: Features
• Dimensions: 68 inches by 74 inch, thickness-1/8 inch
• Made of natural rubber which provides superior cushion and resilience
• The open cell natural rubber helps provide grip and allows you to hold pose longer
• Available in colours- black, purple, olive green and midnight blue.
Jade Travel Yoga Mat: Pros
- Cushiony: Although this travel yoga mat is 1/8 inch thick, it offers a fair amount of cushion required for comfortable yoga practice. So whether you practice impromptu lunges on the beach or outdoors, this mat provides a decent amount of cushion that can help you maintain balance and sink into the flows comfortably. The Jade Travel Yoga Mat strikes a perfect balance between thinness and cushioning without wreaking havoc on your joints.
- Provide Excellent Traction: Dry tractions are as important as wet traction. While sweaty hands and feet can knock a yogi out of alignment and increase the risk of injury, maintaining body alignment with completely dry hands at the beginning of yoga practice is equally important to prevent any injury. Due to the ridged surface on both sides of the mat, using the mat aids traction on the floor as well as your hands and feet.
- Best Yoga Travel Mat: This travel yoga mat weight just over three pounds and can be rolled or folded easily to fit into any shape or size of luggage. Carrying the yoga mat along with you during your travels will not help you stay light, but will also encourage you to continue with your yoga practice even while you are away from home.
Jade Travel Yoga Mat: Cons
- Not Suitable For Hot Yoga: A major drawback of this travel yoga mat is its open cell technology construction. While the construction of the mat does help provide excellent grip, it also acts like a sponge and absorbs liquids including sweat. It is, therefore, suitable for hot yoga classes and for yogis that tend to perspire a lot during their yoga sessions.
- Initial Rubbery Smell: Since the mat is made of 100% natural rubber sourced from rubber trees, they tend to have the smell of rubber during their initial use which can be a turn- off for those who are sensitive to smells.
- Tends To Get Creased: Just like your clothes, this travel mat tends to crease when you try to fold it to fit your backpack or luggage. However, the effects can be minimised by keeping the mat rolled when not traveling.
Tips For Cleaning And Maintaining Jade Travel Yoga Mat
- The best way to keep the may hygienic is to clean it with plain water and soft rag( lint- free is best)
- Avoid hanging the mat in direct sunlight to dry
- Never use alcohol or oil based cleaners as it can break the rubber and cause the mat to wear out prematurely.
The Jade Yoga Mat is a good quality yoga rubber mat that will last for many practices in spite the wear and tear of regular use. The lightweight coupled with sufficient padding the mat provides makes it one of the best options of yoga mats for people on the go. A travel mat is also a great option for yogis who would like a closer contact with the ground. Jade yoga mat is everything you would want in a yoga mat – incredible grip, eco-friendly, great comfort and cool colours. So the next time you head to the market or plan to order a yoga mat online, choosing to buy the Jade travel yoga mat would be a decision that you would never regret.