Whether you are practicing yoga at home or are going to a yoga studio, having a right yoga mat can make a big difference in making your yoga session comfortable and enjoyable. A mat defines your space. It forms a definite area that can be controlled, making it easier for a yogi to move his body around and relax. Using a yoga mat or a pilates mat provide your toes, hands, and fingers grip better during exercising and help prevent you from slipping, thereby reducing the risk of injury. Additionally, using a mat encourages proper body alignment and helps you hold your pose for a longer period of time, thereby improving your overall health. So, if you are looking for the best exercise mat and are not sure which one you should get, buying the Manduka Pro yoga and Pilates mat would be a wise decision.
Manduka Pro Yoga And Pilates Mat: Features
• Standard: 71” x 26”, 7.5lbs, 6mm thick
• Long: 85” x26”, 9.5lbs, 6mm thick
• 100% latex free, non-toxic
• Performance grip improves over time
• Comes with Lifetime Guarantee
Manduka Pro Yoga And Pilates Mat: Pros
- Durable: Made of high-quality materials, this mat will never flake, fade or peel. Moreover, since the mat comes with a lifetime guarantee, any pro mat that arrives in what Manduka say “less than standard quality” can be replaced immediately. In addition, if your Manduka pro mat wears out from regular normal use, Manduka will replace it.
- Comfortable: One of the greatest benefits of Manduka Pro yoga and Pilates mat is thickness. The mat is so padded, that users practicing yoga or Pilates on the mat will not be able to feel the floor. While the ultra-dense cushioning helps protect your joints when practicing yoga poses like Boat or Camel, it has provide a stable cushiony surface for Pilate students who need to do a significant amount of spinal rolling exercises and exercise on their back and stomach. Additionally, the mat features fabric like surface and patented dot –pattern surface that prevents you from slipping when doing pilates or yoga workout.
- Convenient Size: Another great benefit of this pr mat from Manduka is its convenient size – 24” wide and 68 inches long (average yoga mat). The mat provides a lot of room to practice yoga poses and is a great option for restorative yoga, pilates or any other practice the requires a lot of floor work.
- Easy to Maintain: The structure of the mat features” closed cells” on both the sides. As a result, it does not allow moisture, sweat or dirt to get into it, making it easy for you to clean it and keep it sanitary. Because these mats prevent moisture from getting trapped within it, these mats are a great choice for those who practice hot yoga.
- Eco- Friendly: The primary mission of Manduka is to design yoga mats that will potentially last a lifetime, the company helps minimise the amount of PVC sent off to landfills every year. Manduka Pro mats are Oeko- tex certified and are being manufactured free from toxic emissions and waste.
Manduka Pro Yoga And Pilates Mat: Cons
- The Break-in Period: Due the manufacturing process, the mat may require a breaking in period. This means users may find a new mat slippery when doing their exercises on it. However, though the sliminess does disappear with regular use, applying a thin coat of coarse sea salt on the surface of the mat and then scrubbing it off gently with a stiff brush before leaving it out to dry in the sun will also help get rid of the greasiness.
- Bulky: Since the mat is extra – cushiony and also denser, it is not travel- friendly and is best suited for home- practice. Additionally, due to the extra- cushioning, users may initially find it difficult to do the standing and balancing poses and may require some practice to get their feet grip on the extra cushion.
Available in different colours, black magic (purple), black sage (dark green) black, black quest (light ocean blue), Black, Black bliss (light bluish grey) and black grace (rose on one side and black on the other), Manduka Pro yoga and Pilates mat can help revolutionise your yoga and pilates sessions, bringing the greatness of nature and goodness of healthy lifestyle in one.