Top 4 Best Yoga Mats For Carpet (October 2020)
LifeBoard Yoga Mat
- ✔ Firm, Rigid Platform
- ✔ Easy To Assemble
- ✔ Made Of Recycled Material
- ✔ Perfect For Carpets Or Outdoors
- Portable floor to enhance yoga, Pilates or ballet barre exercise at home on carpet or outdoors. Place your yoga mat on the LifeBoard and practice yoga just like you would on a hard floor. Yoga mat not included. DO NOT USE OR STORE IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT.
- Firm, rigid platform to support yoga on soft surfaces like carpet at home, or grass at the park. Non-skid top surface prevents yoga mat from slipping on the LifeBoard. Lightweight, easy to carry and store. Approximately 8.5 lbs per panel (17 lbs total).
- Easy to assemble. Pick up the LifeBoard, one panel in each hand, with the bottom facing you, and the tab ends facing each other in the middle, and pointing out away from you (forming a v shape). Bring the tab end of the panels together and interlock, then swing the panels out until they’re flat with one another, creating a single flat LifeBoard.
- Made of recyclable high-density polyethylene (HDPE) and shipped in boxes made of 100% recycled material. The LifeBoard is made of 50% recycled material.
The LifeBoard is a portable floor to enhance yoga or ballet practice at home on carpet or outdoors on just about any surface. It provides a durable and rigid platform for yoga on soft surfaces. The patent pending design is lightweight and portable. The interlocking tabs keep the two panels from separating vertically or horizontally.
Place the LifeBoard on just about any surface, then put a standard-sized yoga mat on the LifeBoard and enjoy your practice. The LifeBoard is durable, portable, affordable and made of recyclable material.
The LifeBoard is perfect for yoga enthusiasts who desire the flexibility of practicing yoga outdoors and almost anywhere else. Practicing on a natural terrain may be challenging if you can’t maintain a good grip and stability. LifeBoard have a solution. Simply place the LifeBoard on any surface, indoors or outdoors, optionally place a yoga mat on top, or just start practicing your yoga routines.
This is a great option for those who want to do indoor yoga but are limited to carpeted areas. Or those who want to yoga outside. The LifeBoard yoga board is a great solution to either of these issues and the previous customer reviews show just how good this product is. An easy recommendation from us.
Gaiam Yoga Mat For Travel
- ✔ Perfect For Traveling Yogis
- ✔ Folds Small Enough To Carry In Your Overnight Bag
- ✔ Sticky Texture Provides Stable Footing
- ✔ Use With the Gaiam Yoga Studio App
- LIGHTWEIGHT YOGA MAT: 2mm thick lightweight, scored yoga mat features perforated lines for easily folding as well as helps with body alignment and positioning during practice
- FOLDS DOWN TO A SQUARE: Yoga mat folds to a 10″ x 12″ compact square and easily fits in your carry on or overnight bag
- TRAVEL-FRIENDLY: Fits easily in your carry-on or tote bag for weekend getaways, extended retreats or trips across town
- NON-SLIP TEXTURE: Unique, sticky texture provides stable footing for ultimate performance
- DIMENSIONS: 68″L x 24″W x 2mm Thick
“The Yoga Revolution is here. At Gaiam we know yoga. We know a good flow when we’re in one. For over 25 years we’ve been on the mat, making yoga a part of our lives. And that’s why each Gaiam product is designed, sourced and produced with your yoga needs in mind. We were there for your first downward facing dog, and we’ll be there for everything that comes next. So you can say yes to yoga, and yes to a better you.”
Gaiam’s Foldable Yoga Mat is a 2mm thick, scored yoga mat that folds to a 10 inch x 12 inch compact square and easily fits into your carry-on or tote bag.
Its unique, sticky texture provides stable footing for ultimate performance and is ideal for weekend getaways, extended retreats or trips across town.
Unique, Sticky Texture
Provides stable footing for ultimate performance.
2mm Thick, Scored Yoga Mat
Ideal for weekend getaways, extended retreats or trips across town.
Compact and Portable
Folds to a 10 inch x 12 inch compact square and easily fits into your carry-on or tote bag.
The Gaiam Yoga Mat For Travel isn’t sticky to the level of some of the specialty mats you’ll see out there. That being said it really does have a great grip and you feel safe and secure using it. It’s perfect for hardwood floors and carpets alike. An easy recommendation for those who want a fold away yoga mat for when they’re on holiday or other travels.
Manduka PRO Yoga And Pilates Mat
- ✔ The PRO Series is certified STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX️
- ✔ Lifetime Warranty offered when sold and shipped by Amazon.com
- ✔ Unmatched grip and support
- ✔ High-density Closed-cell surface prevents sweat from seeping into the comfortable mat cushion
Whether you are practicing yoga at home or are going to a yoga studio, having a right yoga mat can make a big difference in making your yoga session comfortable and enjoyable. A mat defines your space. It forms a definite area that can be controlled, making it easier for a yogi to move his body around and relax. Using a yoga mat or a pilates mat provide your toes, hands, and fingers grip better during exercising and help prevent you from slipping, thereby reducing the risk of injury. Additionally, using a mat encourages proper body alignment and helps you hold your pose for a longer period of time, thereby improving your overall health. So, if you are looking for the best exercise mat and are not sure which one you should get, buying the Manduka Pro yoga and Pilates mat would be a wise decision.
Manduka Pro Yoga And Pilates Mat: Features
• Standard: 71” x 26”, 7.5lbs, 6mm thick
• Long: 85” x26”, 9.5lbs, 6mm thick
• 100% latex free, non-toxic
• Performance grip improves over time
• Comes with Lifetime Guarantee
Manduka Pro Yoga And Pilates Mat: Pros
- Durable: Made of high-quality materials, this mat will never flake, fade or peel. Moreover, since the mat comes with a lifetime guarantee, any pro mat that arrives in what Manduka say “less than standard quality” can be replaced immediately. In addition, if your Manduka pro mat wears out from regular normal use, Manduka will replace it.
- Comfortable: One of the greatest benefits of Manduka Pro yoga and Pilates mat is thickness. The mat is so padded, that users practicing yoga or Pilates on the mat will not be able to feel the floor. While the ultra-dense cushioning helps protect your joints when practicing yoga poses like Boat or Camel, it has provide a stable cushiony surface for Pilate students who need to do a significant amount of spinal rolling exercises and exercise on their back and stomach. Additionally, the mat features fabric like surface and patented dot –pattern surface that prevents you from slipping when doing pilates or yoga workout.
- Convenient Size: Another great benefit of this pr mat from Manduka is its convenient size – 24” wide and 68 inches long (average yoga mat). The mat provides a lot of room to practice yoga poses and is a great option for restorative yoga, pilates or any other practice the requires a lot of floor work.
- Easy to Maintain: The structure of the mat features” closed cells” on both the sides. As a result, it does not allow moisture, sweat or dirt to get into it, making it easy for you to clean it and keep it sanitary. Because these mats prevent moisture from getting trapped within it, these mats are a great choice for those who practice hot yoga.
- Eco- Friendly: The primary mission of Manduka is to design yoga mats that will potentially last a lifetime, the company helps minimise the amount of PVC sent off to landfills every year. Manduka Pro mats are Oeko- tex certified and are being manufactured free from toxic emissions and waste.
Manduka Pro Yoga And Pilates Mat: Cons
- The Break-in Period: Due the manufacturing process, the mat may require a breaking in period. This means users may find a new mat slippery when doing their exercises on it. However, though the sliminess does disappear with regular use, applying a thin coat of coarse sea salt on the surface of the mat and then scrubbing it off gently with a stiff brush before leaving it out to dry in the sun will also help get rid of the greasiness.
- Bulky: Since the mat is extra – cushiony and also denser, it is not travel- friendly and is best suited for home- practice. Additionally, due to the extra- cushioning, users may initially find it difficult to do the standing and balancing poses and may require some practice to get their feet grip on the extra cushion.
Available in different colours, black magic (purple), black sage (dark green) black, black quest (light ocean blue), Black, Black bliss (light bluish grey) and black grace (rose on one side and black on the other), Manduka Pro yoga and Pilates mat can help revolutionise your yoga and pilates sessions, bringing the greatness of nature and goodness of healthy lifestyle in one.
Manduka eKO Superlite Yoga Mat
- ✔ Lightweight
- ✔ 1.5mm Thick
- ✔ Grippy Surface Texture
- ✔ Tear & Stretch Resistant
- Standard: 2. 2 lbs.; 71\” x 24\”
- 1. 5mm thick to fold + Go for ultimate portability
- The echo Superlight mat is a superior travel yoga mat that provides excellent grip. Wherever your practice takes you, The echo Superlight is the best yoga mat for yogis on the Go!
- Surface texture offers superior grip, even with light perspiration
- Tightly woven scrim resists tearing or stretching
- 99% latex free and made with no PVC, Toxic plasticizers or harmful dyes
- To Store: Do not leave the mat exposed to direct sunlight. If wet, allow the mat to dry before rolling up. For best results, store your superlight mat rolled.
- To Clean: all echo Series mats can be cleaned by wiping down the mat with Manduka mat restore spray (a vinegar based solution) or a 50/50 mixture of water and organic Apple cider vinegar.
The eKO SuperLite Yoga Mat is a superior travel yoga mat that provides excellent grip. Wherever your practice takes you, the eKO SuperLite Travel yoga mat is the best yoga mat for yogis on the go! Each mat is hand processed and has unique patterns. The eKO SuperLite yoga mat is made in Taiwan from natural tree rubber.
The eKO Mat is a natural yoga mat made from sustainably harvested tree rubber. Unlike other rubber mats available today, the foaming agents used to create the eKO are non-toxic. What this means is that no toxic chemicals have gone into the manufacturing process to soften the rubber. Additionally, instead of using synthetic polyester for reinforcement, we have chosen to use a blend of polyester and natural cotton.
Overall the eKO SuperLite travel yoga mat is light and sticky, comfy and the perfect size. Another success from the Manduka line. We particularly like how you can fold it into a backpack and it comes out perfectly flat.